The Grand Canyon August 26, 2006Posted by Dylan in My huge summer holidays.
- It was a long drive to the canyon from Las Vegas- we hired a Chrysler Town and Country which was big enough to fit us all (us and Dave and Louise) plus 6 suitcases!
- We went via the Hoover Dam which is famous for powering Las Vegas and you know how bright Las Vegas is!!!!!
- Driving towards the Canyon and getting a first look at it was amazing- it was spectacular!!!
- The canyon
- We were so high up and it was so deep and no big fences- so mum was holding onto me until the blood stopped going to my arm- she was scared i was gonna fall in! The park ranger said about 2 people fall down the grand canyon in a year.
- Us at the canyon
- Everyone (apart from Louise – cause i was gas bagging to her) saw a road runner – it was so fast- just like the cartoon!!Beep beep!!
- That night we had the most amazing thunder storm over the canyon- we tried to take photos but it was too too hard. Dad did get a couple.
- The next day we caught the park shuttle to have a better look at the Canyon- it was just so huge, and pretty- lots of colours.
- The canyon wasnt very big (commercial) so there was only one place to eat- we ate at the same place for breakfast, lunch and tea. The hotel was right on the edge of the canyon- you could walk out the door and it was 20 steps to the edge!!
- At 3pm we drove back to Las Vegas through the Arizona and Nevada desserts.