Las Vegas August 26, 2006Posted by Dylan in My huge summer holidays.
- We got up really early on Saturday July 15th- it was still dark when we left
- We flew to Denver to change planes and then we flew Las Vegas
- In Las Vegas it was 115F(46.1C)
- You could feel the pavement burn through your shoes!!!!
- We stayed at the Excalibur which was based on a Medieval Castle
- It has towers,merlon,crenels,battlements,moat,knights and as every castle has- poker machines, bars,pools and to top it off a games arcade!!!!!!!!!
- The pool was shaped like a shield and it had water slides and a waterfall that gives you a massage
- This is the Excalibur
- While we were in Vegas we saw Mama Mia, The Musical it was in the hotel called Mandalay Bay
- When we went for a walk down the street they had mist sprayers so you could cool down- it was so hot and dry.
- We spent a day outlet shopping with Dave and Louise- they were amazed at the size of the centre and how cheap things were- i bought a Las Vegas 51’s hat to add to my growing collection of baseball and hockey hat collection, and some cheap surf stuff.
- We had a look through the other hotels- the Luxor was based on an Egyptian pyramid, The Bellagio was really fancy- and when i say fancy i mean REALLY fancy, The Venetian was based on Venice in Italy- it had gondolas which cruised through the indoor shopping complex on a canal, Cirucus circus had live circus acts and we watched some, Treasure Island was based on Pirates and had a big pirate ship out the front. The Luxor was my favourite- it was so coool!
- This is the outside of the Venetian
- One night we went down to the Bellagio and saw the water fountains dance to the Pink Panther theme-it was really neat-and packed with people.
- The water fountain at the Bellagio
- On the last night we saw The Tournament of the Kings in our hotel and got to eat dinner with our fingers- no cutlery (sorry Gran) and a whole chicken for each person and we drank out of goblets. We watched a jousting tournament and mum and Louise thought the blokes were cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were very good at riding their well trained horses. They had great sound effects.
- Then we went to the Grand Canyon